You will find the contractual license below but I know you are unlikely to read it all. Here is a quick primer:
- You are responsible for the use of the image and whether your specific use requires the permission of any person or company.
- You must not use the image in a pornographic or defamatory way.
- Standard licenses allow you to use the image in one design but they do not give you permission to resell the image.
- Extended licenses expands on the standard license to allow you to use the image in much larger projects and to offer the image for resale on a calendar, product, clothing, wall print etc.
The detail is in the full Agreement below, but I hope that gives you enough information to choose either the lower priced standard licenses that give you a choice of file size, or the extended license that only is offered with a full size download.
Thanks for reading this section!
IMPORTANT: Backyard Productions LLC and Steven Heap make no representations as to whether any specific use of an image requires a model or property release. That responsibility is yours.
Our One Time Use License
Subject to the restrictions described under Prohibited Uses below, the following are “Permitted Uses” of Stock Images purchased from Backyard Stock Photos:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards (ie. not for resale or license) up to 2,000 prints;
- school or university projects;
- social media post or profile image;
- decorative background on a personal computer or mobile device;
- online or electronic publications, including web pages, blogs, ebooks and videos, limited to a maximum of 480,000 total pixels (for example: 600px x 800px) per media file where un-edited.
Our Extended License
Our Extended license expands on our One Time use license in the following ways:
- invitations, advertising and promotional projects, including printed materials, product packaging, presentations, film and video presentations, commercials, catalogues, brochures, promotional greeting cards and promotional postcards up to an unlimited number of prints;
- entertainment applications, such as books and book covers, magazines, newspapers, editorials, newsletters, and video, broadcast and theatrical presentations up to an unlimited number of prints;
- prints, posters (i.e. a hardcopy) and other reproductions for personal or promotional purposes, resale, license or other distribution up to an unlimited number of prints;
- in themes, skins and other electronic software meant for resale limited to a maximum of 480,000 total pixels (for example: 600px x 800px) per media file where un-edited.
Both our One Time Use and Extended licenses permit you to use the purchased image in one project only. For use in multiple projects, additional licenses may be required. An exception to this rule is if an image is used in an editorial capacity with a duplicate article both in print and online; one license permits you to use the same image in both mediums.
- install and use the Stock Image in more than one location or post a copy of the Stock Image on a network server or web server for use by other users;
- sub-license, re-sell, rent, lend, assign, gift or otherwise transfer or distribute the Stock Image or the rights granted under these terms;
- use any of the Stock Image as part of a trade-mark, design-mark, trade-name, business name, service mark, or logo;
- use Stock Image identified as “Editorial Use Only”, for any commercial, promotional, endorsement, advertising or merchandising use;
- remove any notice of copyright, trade-mark or other proprietary right from any place where it is on or embedded in the Stock Image;
- use the Stock Media in a fashion that is considered by us or under applicable law to be pornographic, obscene, immoral, infringing, defamatory or libelous in nature, or that would be reasonably likely to bring any person or property reflected in the Stock Image into disrepute;
- use the Stock Image in a way that places any person depicted in the Stock Image in a bad light or in a way that they may find offensive – this includes, but is not limited to, the use of images: a) in pornography, “adult videos” or the like; b) in ads or promotional materials for adult entertainment clubs or similar venues, or for escort, dating or similar services; and c) uses that are defamatory, or contain otherwise unlawful, offensive or immoral content. You may not use Stock Image containing the likeness of a person if such use implies that the model engages in any immoral or illegal activity or suffers from a physical or mental infirmity, ailment or condition;
- use the Stock Image for editorial purposes without including the following credit adjacent to the Stock Image or in audio/visual production credits: “©Backyard Stock Photos”;
- incorporate the Stock Image in any product that results in a re-distribution or re-use of the Stock Image or is otherwise made available in a manner such that a person can extract or access or reproduce the Stock Image as an electronic file; or
- use or display Stock Image in such a manner that gives the impression that the Stock Image was created by you or a person other than the copyright holder of the Stock Image.
By purchasing a license to use the images on this site from us, you acknowledge that no transfer of copyright exists, and you are purchasing a license to use the image as per the terms set out in this agreement and that you are responsible for the use of the image including confirming that no releases are needed for your usage.
For any uses not listed here, or for questions regarding our licensing please contact us.